3.23.2008

man, you playin.

you go from flirting with me, openly, in front of everyone with eyes
to saying cutesy shit on the phone & telling me how bad you want some face time
then you express a desire to get another 'good hug' from me
& after all that
you write me off via a weakly played round of phone tag
. . .

& never call me back when i let you know that there exists a rain date?

this annoyance has been simmering. the disappointment, not even the what-ifs, has kept this shit going for me
not because i thought we were meant to be
but because i hoped i'd at least get to know you
you didn't even give me a chance.

don't let me catch your black ass in the street, dude
actually, let me
so i can remind myself how little i needed to be bothered with in the first place.

: : : : : :

just because i'm not present, it doesn't mean i don't care.
sorry you feel that way. it's simply not true.

2 comments:

creatrix said...

boys are stupid.

D.L. Chandler said...

Like I said, dude...sometimes, we just don't know what to do with you all sometimes...and I'm ok with admitting that. BUT...when we do get it? It be all late and sh*t.